Sailors are introduced to the fundamentals of sailing in our Hunter 140′s. This class is offered in 2 week blocks and is designed to teach students the basics of sailing, including rigging/derigging, docklanding, upwind/downwind sailing, basic seamanship, among other skills.
Age: 7 – 12 years old
Experience: No prior experience or very little
- At least 4 weeks of Beginners
- Demonstrated confidence and competence in key skill areas (listed above)
- Recommendation by Head Instructor
- Desire to continue to learn
- Age 8 – 13: Opti Beginners
- Age 13+: 420 Green Fleet
- Can dependent on student's physical growth year to year
Typical timeline: 1 – 2 summers, 8 weeks each. Varies depending on size, age, maturity, confidence, and skill level of sailor.