Junior Instructor Program
The role of the junior instructor is to directly and actively teach GBSA students how to sail safely. To further the vision and mission of GBSA, junior instructors are selected based upon their personal qualities, sailing experience, and prior experience working with children. It is important that junior instructors are an upbeat, positive, and visible aspect of the GBSA experience.
1. Train the next generation of sailing instructors
2. Connect new sailors with young people who have experience and love the sport
3. Make the GBSA learn to sail experience fun, unique, and safe!
4. Foster positive relationships and sportsmanship across age groups
5. Provide a model of inspiration for our youngest sailors
Sailors who participate in our Junior Instructor program are awarded free or reduced tuition to GBSA and also earn a $599 stipend for their work over the summer.
Junior Instructors sail with Beginner students during the mornings, and then often race or sail in a program in the afternoon. We also accept those seeking a full time junior instructor placement.
How to Apply
We are currently accepting applications! You do NOT have to be a current/former GBSA student to apply- we welcome anyone with relevant experience who wants to enter the world of coaching to apply.
Applicants must be at least 14 years old.
Applications are due April 15th of each year.